FIB-FGSD-002 Z-Wave Fibaro Smoke Sensor
This device is available for the following frequencies :
– 868.4 Mhz (Europe, China, Singapore, South Africa, United Arab Emirates)
Eye pleasing, minimalistic design
- Almost all of the smoke sensors available on the market were designed with just one objective in mind – discovering potential threats. Hardly any of the manufacturers paid any attention to design. Naturally, smoke sensor is to save lives. However, like most of other sensors, smoke sensor is a device installed in visible places, e.g. on ceilings. That’s why our designers decided to combine uncompromised safety with functionality and aesthetics so much appreciated by our customers. FIBARO Smoke Sensor is a perfect sensor, a trendsetter for our competitors. It’s a device combining beauty with new technology, to protect your home and family.
- Smooth lines, polished surface and small size. Combining these we have got the most beautiful smoke sensor ever made.
Visual and acoustic alarm
- FIBARO Smoke Sensor will let you know of a discovered threat with multi-colour RGB LED diode and built-in sound siren.
- The grille not only looks great but also lets in even the smallest amount ot smoke, allowing for quicker reaction.
Ultra small housing
- Fibaro Smoke Sensor is probably the smallest wireless smoke sensor in the World. Advanced production technology allowed to significantly minimise the sensor components, making Fibaro sensor the most advanced device of that type available on the market, and our company the leader in the manufacture of wireless smoke sensors.
- These are the words describing Fibaro Smoke Sensor’s grille. At first glance this shiny element may seem to be a piece of jewellery, however it’s one of the most important components of the device. Its perforation lets the smoke into the sensors chamber. The better made, the smaller amount of smoke is needed to discover threat and trigger the alarm.
- Our sensor’s grille is made of top quality material, with huge number of holes in it. Each one of them was electrochemically shaped, so that smoke entering the housing is accurately guided into sensor’s chamber. Detecting fire quickly, FIBARO Smoke Sensor provides ultimate protection, minimizing damages.
Not only smoke sensor
- Some materials burn without smoking. That’s why FIBARO engineers decided to include additional protection in FIBARO Smoke Sensor in the form of temperature sensor. If the amount of smoke will not be enough to trigger the alarm, the device will still be able to detect threat discovering a rapid change of temperature caused by fire. Rapid temperature change or rise up to 54oC is enough for FIBARO Smoke Sensor to discover threat and report household members about it. Only this type of smoke sensor provides high efficiency, regardless of what is burning.
One sensor, many possibilities
- Designing Fibaro Smoke Sensor we did our best to foresee all possible usage scenarios, from powering modes to compatibility with various alarm systems and wired or wireless communication. As a result, you can install our sensor wherever you need it, regardless of whether you can connect a power supply, walls allow for wireless communication, or what type of wired alarm system you have. FIBARO Smoke Sensor will satisfy all your needs.
- Your intelligent home will help you protect your family from fire and other threats. You decide what action Home Center is to take in case of fire, flood or break-in. In case of Smoke Sensor, discovering threat can result in opening roller blinds, opening garage gate and windows, and illuminating safe escape route. You can also manually run a safety scene, performing all life saving actions at a touch of a button in mobile phone or tablet.
- FIBARO Smoke Sensor offers advanced options for configuring sensors sensitivity. Sensitivity may be different, depending one where you install the device. In kitchen, very sensitive sensor could trigger the alarm even when you fry some meat, that’s why it should be less sensitive, helping avoid irritating false alarms. In other rooms, where smoke presence is less likely under normal conditions, sensor should be set to the maximum sensitivity in order to provide the best protection.
High temperature resistant
- Heat resistant material used to make FIBARO Smoke Sensor’s enclosure protects the device from damage even at 200 degrees Celsius.
- Correct operation of a smoke sensor is extremely important. That’s why Home Center 2 polls the sensor every hour checking whether it works properly. Having discovered any problems with communication or sensors operation, system will notify you immediately, so that you could quickly react and protect your home and family.
- FIBARO Smoke Sensor has a built-in tamper prevention function. Any tampering with the device or attempt to dismantle it will be recorded and inhabitants will be notified about it. Smoke sensor is an extremely important element of your home safety system, that’s why any tampering with it is not allowed. Any attempt to disconnect the power supply, steal the sensor or any other sabotage attempt will result in immediate reaction.
Z–Wave network range tester
- Built-in RGB LED signaling diode may be used to signal the Z-Wave network range. Correct communication with Home Center 2 controller is the base of well functioning FIBARO intelligent home system.
- Our sensor can communicate with an alarm system hub by wire or wirelessly with the Z-Wave network. Even if the Z-Wave network range is too week to allow direct communication with Home Center 2, each of the system devices may repeat radio signal allowing for installing FIBARO System components in the farthest nooks of your home.
- Faultless communication guarantees your home safety. Smoke Sensor is a battery device, which not only prefectly tests the Z-Wave network range, but also performs the self-test, informing system’s main controller it’s ready to detect threats.
- Incredibly efficient process, performed automatically every 5 seconds, allows the system to monitor sensor’s operation. The test may be triggered manually as well. All you need to do is to press and hold the button located in the center of the sensor’s enclosure and wait for signaling light.
- Smoke Sensor will inform you about its current state with a colour. The built-in LED glowing green means the device works fine and you are safe.
You cook, I ensure safety
- Fibaro Smoke Sensor is the obligatory guest in your kitchen. Each time you prepare the favourite meals for your family, it makes sure you don’t forget to close the gas or take a roast out of the oven. Incoming threat of fire or … burned meat will be quickly discovered and reported for your convenience, safety, and enjoyable sunday lunch.
Guardian of your home
- Safety of the FIBARO home inhabitants is of top priority for us. That’s why we have designed our system from the start to provide not only the highest comfort, but also to make sure your family and your belongings are safe.
- Fibaro Smoke Sensor is yet another sensor, following Flood Sensor and Door / Window Sensor, that makes us truly proud. It’s one more FIBARO System component, improving the quality and safety of living, while caring of your family.
Even the smallest amount of smoke shown in chart
- So called “Black Box” implemented into Smoke Sensor records information on smoke and temperature level. Regardless whether the alarm system is armed or not, sensor monitors the level of smoke and sends information to the main controller periodically. Now you are able to detect even the smallest amount of cigarette smoke.
Automatic software update
- This high-tech smoke sensor allows for fully automatic software update. Once an update is available, providing new functionality or improving the device operation, the sensor will automatically suggest download and will install the software without wasting your time. Home Center 2 will make sure your Smoke Sensor’s software is always up to date, providing you the maximum safety.